The WWE Universe Predicts SummerSlam 2012.

 

Once again our friend Solace Winter has taken predictions from the WWE Universe.  Its the largest group of fans ever for this monthly tradition.  111 fans have given their predictions for who will win and lose at WWE SummerSlam.  The folks over at WWE need to come up with a big surprise tonight, because the fan base clearly is overwhelmingly behind certain Superstars.

WWE SummerSlam Pre Show

For the United States title: Santino Marrela vs Antonio Cesaro (with Aksana).

54% of the fans believe that Antonio will win.  This is the closest margin for all of the matches.  Its time for the US title to be taken off of Santino, and it seems like a slight majority of the fans feel the same.

SummerSlam PPV:

Daniel Bryan vs Kane.

The fans will be chanting Yes Yes Yes!  Well, at least 60% of them.  It really is a match that could go either way.  Speaking of going either way, who is the face here?

For the Intercontinental title:  The Miz vs Rey Mysterio.

Wow!  The WWE fans are solidly behind the Miz.  82% of the fans feel that the Miz’s renewed push will continue and he will definitely be keeping his newly won title.

For the WWE tag team titles:  The Prime Time Players vs. R-Truth and Kofi Kingston.

The second match with the champions going in at a disadvantage.  Even with the loss of Abraham Washington, 59% of fans see Darren Young and Titus O’Neil winning their first tag team titles this evening.  Move!  Getitgetit. Move move!

Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho.

Its not necessarily showing off, but 56% of the fans see Dolph winning this match.  Damn sure a close one.  When Jericho’s story is that he cant win the big one anymore, a loss only confirms that.  However, Ziggler needs a good win to further his rise into a World champion.  This bout also has high match of the night potential.

For the WWE title:  CM Punk vs John Cena vs the Big Show.

The Summer of Punk III continues (Ring of Honor, 2011 WWE and now) with an overwhelming 71% of fans picking CM Punk to retain in a triple threat match.  The odds should be against the champion, but these die hard Twitterers don’t see that happening.  23% give John Cena a chance and only 6% of fans think Big Show could walk away with the belt.

For the World title:  Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio.

The match was on, then off, then back on again.  With confidence like that its no wonder that 68% of the fans see Sheamus keeping the belt.  However, if the majority are correct this means that neither major title will change hands tonight.  There are only two things that can be done to spice up a PPV without a major title change:  Have Ziggler cash in and win, or make the next match a four or five star classic.

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

54% of fans see Brock winning this one.  1% pick No contest and 45% have Hunter picking up the win.  (Yes the percentage is the same as the US title match, but that No Contest throws things off a bit.)  Brock is on a part time schedule and Hunter is unofficially on an equally light number of dates.  The negative is that this would make it difficult to do any long term booking for either man after this match.  However it also means that both men can have an insane brutal painful match and then thankfully have months off before getting in the ring again.

No matter who is correct, if any of us, we have high potential for a great show tonight.  Best of luck to all of you and may the odds be ever in your favor!

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s